You'll be so surprised at how easy it is to make delicious potato chips right in your own kitchen.
1 large white potato
cooking spray (Pam)
1) Using a mandolin, slice the potato into paper thin slices.
2) Spray a microwavable plate (I use Corelle Ware plates) with a thin layer of cooking spray. Arrange the potato slices on the plate, taking care not to overlap. For best results, place slices on the flat part of the plate, not the out edge where the plate may curve upwards. For one potato, you may have to do several batches.
3) Spray a thin layer of cooking spray over the arranged potato slices, sprinkle with salt, and place in microwave. Cooking time my vary, depending on the thickness of your chips. Very thin slices may only need to go about 2-3 minutes. Thicker slices may need to go longer. After the 2 minute mark, I watch the chips inside the oven and take them out as soon as each chip has started to turn a bit brown. If the chips do not brown, they will not be crispy, but take care not to over do it, or else they will taste burnt.
4) As you finish with each batch, toss the chips into a large mixing bowl to cool. They'll be nice and crispy once cooled. Shake on a bit more salt and toss the chips together. You can also use other flavoring like white cheddar or ranch popcorn seasoning.
5) Enjoy by themselves or with dip!
Makes 1-2 servings. *Careful! The plate may be extremely hot! Please use oven mitts!*